Working At Agoro Carbon
CAREERS WITH AGORO CARBON
Join Our Team
We at Agoro Carbon are part of a global network, collaborating to profitably and responsibly solve some of the world’s key challenges: resource scarcity, food insecurity, and climate change.
Agoro Carbon Alliance is creating a new solution to our planet’s carbon challenge that’s grounded in soil. We work to address the impact of agriculture’s global greenhouse gas emissions on our climate through the implementation of sustainable carbon-capturing potential in agriculture, while providing a new income stream to farmers and ranchers worldwide.
Our passion lies in developing a global carbon alliance built around a portfolio of carbon-smart practices that help producers reduce environmental footprint. As one of the market’s early movers, we are using our carbon knowledge, global presence, digital and data capabilities, and strong relationships with the food value chain to pioneer an industry-shaping business.
We owe everything to our remarkable employees. What we offer them:
- Medical, Dental, Vision Plans
- Generous PTO (Vacation & Sick)
- Floating Holidays
- 8 Company Holidays
- Fitness/Wellness Allowance
- Home Office Set Up Reimbursement
- Coworking Space Options
Want to join us?
We’re always looking for driven people who share our values to join our diverse and growing team. If you want to be part of building a positive farm and ranch future that is grounded in the soil, check out our open positions.
Location: Chicago, IL or Remote
Employment Type: Full-Time
A bit about the role:
We’re on a mission to create the world’s preeminent carbon cropping company and we are seeking someone who has a passion for helping us to build that alongside us. As the Growth Marketing Lead, you will be responsible for supporting Agoro Carbon Alliance’s efforts to tell our story to the world through our digital channels, working hand in hand with various parts of the marketing and broader organizations to drive growth.
Having formally launched in June of 2021, the growth marketing efforts to date have been heavily focused on experimentation and driving initial proof of concept within target geographies. As we look to expand our efforts within our priority market of the United States and abroad in our other target markets, we will need to continue our evolution and develop a more formalized structure for optimizing our digital marketing efforts and scaling them.
We are seeking someone with a track record of driving outsized growth through leveraging digital marketing channels, owning the full stack of the mar-tech stack from top of funnel awareness efforts across social, video, audio, and print through conversion efforts mid-funnel to supporting customer success. We’re looking to find someone who isn’t afraid of taking brands with massive ambitions and building the digital marketing and growth machines necessary to help them achieve their dreams.
You’ll have the support of one of the world’s largest agricultural companies behind you while also having the flexibility to operate within a nimble environment designed to quickly seize upon opportunities and expand. As a critical member of the global marketing team, you will be responsible for operating effectively within a cross-functional team as a true partner for every facet of the business. You will drive outcomes related to top of funnel effectiveness for all relevant components of the business and work closely with counterparts across the business to support their efforts through digital marketing.
What you will be doing:
- Assist the growth marketing function for Agoro Carbon Alliance, laying the foundation for how it operates as a unit to drive the growth of the business across its owned and paid
- Support Agoro Carbon Alliance’s growth strategy and derive the relevant goals and KPIs in support of the broader business objectives
- Support the channel strategy development for all paid digital channels and oversee the execution, tracking, measurement, analytics, and reporting of results for those platforms
- Manage internal and external resources required for bringing the paid, lifecycle, marketing ops and analytics
- Develop testing frameworks and tooling for continuous improvement and mechanizing the ongoing learning and hypothesis validation as part of the growth marketing machine
- Oversee creative development and A/B testing strategy across digital channels in service of planning, optimizing, and scaling digital campaigns
- Foster a culture of data driven growth across all facets of the organization, developing the key growth metrics and performance indicators while instituting an iterative, learning optimized process for expanding the business
- Support the full funnel of the customer and partner journey from the digital channel point of view for top of funnel activities, working closely with product and tech organizations to
drive top of funnel awareness and developing new channel strategies to drive awareness for relevant audiences across constituency groups
- Represent the growth function as part of the global marketing team and in support of the global management team, advocating for continuous expansion of reach and relevance for the brand
- Partner with sales teams to support the full sales funnel, continuously improving upon communications and messaging to relevant audience segments and managing communication channels and their integration with tracking and analytics
- Develop the lifecycle email marketing strategy to support the ongoing customer cultivation and stewardship throughout their journey with Agoro
- Oversee the analytics function for the global marketing organization, working closely with the BI function to define dashboarding requirements, develop standard reporting materials and cadence, and communicate learnings with the team on a regular basis
What You’ll Bring
- A long history of people who loved working with you. The first and foremost thing for us is finding an outstanding human with whom we’re excited to work with on this journey and has a long list of people who point to you as one of the best that they’ve ever had the chance to work alongside.
- A strong belief in our mission. We’re here because we wholeheartedly believe in what the Agoro Carbon Alliance can do for the various partners we work with and the planet and we’re looking for folks who also believe in what’s possible for all stakeholders.
- A curious and adaptive mindset. You’re willing to pull the right page from the playbook for the current situation and not just what’s always been done
- A creative and innovative streak. You’re always looking for ways to improve upon what’s been done and are able to bring those big ideas to fruition.
- A long history of far outpacing expectations. You have a history of getting things done and bringing the best out of people to drive results.
- A pragmatic approach for the stage of the business. You’re just as comfortable working scrappily with lower budgets as you are deploying large scale brand campaigns, matching the situation with the approach required for the phase and goals of the business.
- A positive attitude as a team player. We only succeed when we all succeed and our team is dependent upon a strong culture fit for folks willing to roll up their sleeves and work alongside one another to get to great.
- An understanding of marketing trends and tools. You have seen the last few iterations of the marketing and growth world and are able to peer around corners to see what’s coming while also being resourceful with resources.
- A comfort with the major digital ad platforms.
- A respect for agriculture and its unique challenges. We have a profound appreciation and reverence for just how hard it is to succeed in agriculture and it is because of this that we continue to show up to drive results and success for farmers and ranchers.
- Analytical thinking as someone who gets things done and never settles. We know we have barely scratched the surface of what’s possible and we want to let the data guide us on our journey of discovery for what we can achieve in all aspects of our work.
- A self-starting mentality that sees gaps and looks to fill them proactively. You’re known as the type of person who identifies problems before they arise and has operationalized solutions before others have recognized the problem exists.
- A dogged persistence toward unlocking massive growth. You aren’t dissuaded by stumbling blocks and are known for methodically progressing forward to results through your machinery and process.
- A healthy dose of humility. We’re figuring this out as we go and we know that we won’t get it right every time and that’s ok; how we deal with the adversity together and move forward in service of our mission will be the true test of our resolve.
- An ability to think globally and act locally. We are already expanding around the world with the need to develop a unified brand identity and message that cascades well into the relevant geographies within which we operate.
As a global organization we actively strive to reflect the diversity in society. We therefore encourage qualified applicants from all backgrounds to apply. We are committed to creating a work environment that fits gender equality and allows combining career progress with the needs of a family or other personal circumstances.
Location: São Paulo, São Paulo, Brazil
We at Agoro Carbon are part of a global network, collaborating to solve some of the world’s key challenges – climate change, resource scarcity and food insecurity. We are reducing agriculture’s global greenhouse gas emissions to improve the world we live in!
The Agoro Carbon Alliance is creating a new solution to our planet’s carbon challenge that’s grounded in the soil. Agoro Carbon addresses a key global problem, the impact of agriculture’s global greenhouse gas emissions on our climate and the implementation of sustainable carbon capturing potential at farm while providing a new income stream to farmers worldwide. Our passion lies in developing a global carbon alliance built around a portfolio of carbon smart farming practices that help farmers reduce their environmental footprint. As one of the early movers in this market, we are using our knowledge on carbon practices, our global presence, our digital and data capabilities and our strong relationships with the food value chain to pioneer an industry shaping business.
- Leading and growing a carbon business in Brazil, from proof-of-concept to scale-up
- Innovating, testing and validating farmer value propositions with a substantial carbon improvement potential and sound business and commercial model for farmers, Agoro, and potentially other partners (e.g. Yara)
- Drive the commercial implementation and develop go-to-market model that will enable scale-up
- Set priorities, targets, and manage resources in line with the business value drivers and steer the business to positive growth
- Structure, develop, and lead a cross-functional team with capabilities in commercial and agronomy
- Experienced entrepreneur / business or start-up manager with passion for sustainable business innovation in food and agriculture
- Experience in building and scaling new businesses in a dynamic environment, operating locally in an international context, from proof-of-concept to scale-up
- Experience in the carbon market
- Ability to think strategically in a changing environment with many uncertainties
- Strong people leadership, interpersonal and cross-cultural skills. Ability to excite, to motivate, and to build a high-performing team. Strong ability to succeed through others
- Fluency in English and Portuguese
- Graduação em Engenharia, Agronomia ou áreas correlatas;
- Experiência de 3 a 5 anos na área de vendas e implementação de programas / iniciativas voltadas para o produtor;
- Conhecimento em zootecnia, manejo de pastagem ou solo;
- Experiência na gestão de territórios em agricultura;
- Rede de relacionamentos na indústria de fazendas e pastagens será considerado um diferencial (atendimento na região de Mato Grosso);
- Perfil mão na massa, pensamento estratégico;
- Conhecimento intermediário do idioma Inglês (haverá interação com times globais).
Location: Des Moines, IA
Employment Type: Full-Time
As a Grower Success Data Specialist you will be part of the team that supports growers and channel partners on their journey after joining our program. You will work with a grower success agronomist in collecting all historical and monitoring data from growers and ranchers. Therefore we are looking for someone who reflects our brand and our values; passionate about contributing towards the reduction of global GHG emissions and caring deeply about helping farmers make successful and systematic practice change. This position is open to candidates in Iowa, South Dakota, and Nebraska.
What you will be doing
- Assist dedicated agronomist in collecting all historical and monitoring data from growers and ranchers as required by our program
- Input and quality check all required data from growers and ranchers
- Communicate efficiently with any team members necessary to complete data collection
- Work closely with Grower Success Agronomists and help/assist in support processes
- Assist with quality control of the soil sampling process, communicate with agronomists and outside sampling vendors.
- Collaborate effectively with a cross-functional team, and leverage product and tech resources and capabilities to perform their role.
- Lead by example and ensure we, as a support team, are aligned and providing the best support possible to our customer base and field team
What you will bring
- A proud agriculture ambassador with a Bachelor’s degree in Agronomy or a high school diploma with experience in agriculture.
- Strong communication, problem solving, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to quickly assess, understand and articulate agronomic and technical information.
- Working knowledge of agriculture systems is a major plus.
- Build and maintain strong relationships.
- Ability to work with a minimum of supervision by taking initiative to meet goals & objectives.
- Ability to adapt to a rapidly changing business environment.
- A passion for sustainability and conservation/regenerative practices that is infectious and drives confidence in farmers to follow your lead.
- Comfortable using and training others to use digital tools
- Experience working with FMIS systems, data integrators, precision management tools et. – is a plus
Why work with us?
- We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package, including generous paid parental leave.
- We encourage and support your professional development through continuous development, so that you are at the leading edge of knowledge in your field.
- You will be building and shaping a global business from start up to scale.
- You will be working with a globally dispersed and diverse team, with the ability to live anywhere within your geography.
As a global organization we actively strive to reflect the diversity in society. We therefore encourage all qualified applicants from all backgrounds to apply, and are committed to creating a work environment that fits gender equality and allows combining career progress with the needs of a family or other personal circumstances.